Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Garden .001



The Garden .001

Satan never said I was at fault for
anything at all,
and she smelled so good,
coiling around my torso.

Satan promised me a bed
and not just any bed
but one
coated in white sheets
and some misc. birds' down feather pillows

She said it would be
white as snow
white as fucking angels

then chuckled
"fucking angels," she said.

But Satan never said I was at fault for anything at all,
at all!
And she smelled like Olivia
whom I had held, carefully
the night before she fell ill,
the night I dreamt of holding
a thousand white rabbits.

My ribs began to splinter like trees in a fire,
suffocated by the force of her grip
but she promised me a bed
and she smelled like Olivia
and she said it was no fault of my own

so I sold my soul to her

and she took me to bed
and she
fucked me senseless
like Olivia never would
and that night I dreamt of the rabbits again
but they weren't real rabbits,
not really at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment