Wednesday, June 7, 2017

construction

The ikea plants are staring again
I don't think you're supposed to water them
When's the last time I actually watered 
Anything
I'm thirsty
Everything inside me is brittle or broken
In two months I got more cavities than I've had in my life
(I've never had any)
forgot to water my teeth

They've already found me 
The pounding starts around the Time I fall asleep
Construction workers keep better schedules 
than I do
The drill pulls my soul through seismic shifts
My busted mouth rattles within itself
My organs threaten to evacuate

What the fuck could they be hammering at, at 9 in the morning
Hammering my dull sockets into submissive attention
I hope this isn't what the ECT will feel like

My dad said the only side affect is sometimes participants have trouble making out words when when when the mamamachicne is turned on

Can't be worse than no sleep and teeth turning to rust 
Not more difficult than a poor Hispanic man rattling your metal cage right as you drift off,
Blaring the mariachi station from his battery radio and signaling 
"It's time to wake the fuck up"
With his jackhammer in braille



No comments:

Post a Comment