Friday, February 22, 2013























Listened to Romulus driving home
had to
slow down to a crawl because it was no where near finished
and I was pretty certain that
I was having a
profound moment

I was you in the depths of it

After Jake and I talked about love for so long
and things were brought up
I assured him its going alright for me
and we got in our separate cars
and made faces at each other before we forked off

Then, it had to be Romulus
ostending the hollows love likes to leave

For two minutes I was driving half the speed

Would you respect that?
or just
tell me to grow up
like Jake does when I say

you are me in the depths of it

swimming in circles round that
hideous little pit
I tried to so hard dig you out of my abdomen

In the driveway, tugging at my stomach's skin
the song ended
and you didn't dream of wild horses
for the first time in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment