Monday, August 13, 2012





































Was it just this morning that Jake drove us down Fairview at the cusp of dawn, with the streetlights still lit, when I felt it swell up in me?
I wanted so badly to remember to write these down:
  1. Life is most peculiarly beautiful even when its not particularly so. 
  2. When Sean, Jake and I were attempting to stifle our howling laughter in the booth at Denny's at 5am, I felt again the warmth of youthful innocence and let it fill my stomach with its sticky syrup. 
  3. The eggs were most definitely green so I did not eat them. 
  4. On the way home I sought out the same sugary sweet nostalgia, but only came across the crash: You could have been there on cold faux-leather, laughing until you wept.
I thought of your eyes again, at night on the corner, black as space, equally dead,
and all the while you slept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment